Lizzie Hug has joined us at Reading as a CASE Graduate Trainee. While she is here, she will be hoping to get to know you, our alumni, and tell you about the opportunities to get involved with the University. Lizzie is very enthusiastic about her role and has already fallen in love with Reading. Read her story below…
My name is Lizzie Hug and since September 2015, I have been settling into the University of Reading as its very first CASE Graduate Trainee.
I have really enjoyed my first month here. There are so many things that make Reading a special place.
- The beautiful campus. I am forever getting lost around the HUMSS building, and always finding new little pockets of the campus to explore.
- How it embraces culture, fosters creativity and isn’t afraid to stand out.
- The quality of the research into many global issues. I jumped at the chance to work here after seeing the calibre of research in areas that I am passionate about (such as mental health).
- It is so friendly! The people of Reading have been nothing but welcoming to my newbie needs!
- There is so much to do. I’ve joined the gym and also I’m really excited to have my first Reading Film Theatre experience! Every day I find a new reason to feel good about being here.
- The inspiring stories of our alumni. I am very excited to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all.
That is why I am excited about the work I will be doing here. Over the coming year I will be working on lots of projects that involve you – particularly some of the exciting plans we have for our 90th Anniversary next year. Look out for more news on that over the coming months. I am primarily here to meet and speak with you, to let you know how you can reconnect, support and engage with the University and the departments and projects you feel passionate about. It’s a job that I am really excited by every day, and I am keen to connect with more of you in the near future, and learn all about your experience with Reading.