Tidy up time

It’s coming up to the end of my placement now. I am in the process of tying up all the loose ends so my work can be handed over to somebody else!

I spent my fifth week breaking down lecture materials into a detailed storyboard of all three levels for 6/7 of the lectures in my module. This was quite tedious to say the least! I also applied Laura’s general template for breaking down lectures to my own module. Mid week I was lucky enough to view the Labs in the Hopkins building, snapping some pictures of the qPCR and gel electrophoresis machines.

I also combined materials from Ian Jones (Insect expression systems) and Kim Watson (Optimal production of protein in E.coli)  presentations to produce a combined level 1 presentation on Host Expression Systems.

After much deliberation the major consensus is that ‘articulate storyline’ is the best piece of software to present our modules.

I have had a go at creating some interesting interactive slides on articulate engage including an interactive timeline. This can then be imported into the articulate storyline.

I will be working hard the rest of the week to have as many presentations ready!

This entry was posted in Bioscience Industry Skills Courses and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.