Ever thought about being an entrepreneur!?
Perhaps you want to be the next Lord Sugar or Richard Branson?
We asked our amazing CEOs and Founders from the Thrive Mentoring Scheme* for their top tips for students looking to build an empire and they didn’t disappoint!
Here’s what they said…
- Be very clear on your business goals.
- Complete a business plan, this will give you lots of things to consider and guide you on where you want to go and what you need to do.
- Decide on your niche area and what is adjacent to it ready for business growth.
- Have a business mentor or coach, preferably someone who has set up a business or works in the area that you want to go into.
- Build your business organically and through recommendation.
- Work hard and network.
- Value yourself and your skillset.
- You will inevitably make mistakes and the best thing to do in that case is to learn from it and move on.
- Be open-minded and have a ‘growth mindset’.
- Things will always take longer and cost more than you originally expect when doing product development.
- You will learn a huge amount of patience.
- Have fun!
For more top tips and advice from a mentor to help you with career decisions during your second year sign up to Thrive here!
With gratitude to Kathrine Smith and Alex Reip*