Teach Abroad Scholarship
Written by erikaw
Date posted: July 4, 2012
ELC, a registered Community Interest Company (CIC), has developed a Graduate TESOL Programme. TESOL (also known as TEFL) is the acronym for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
They also offer a number of Full Scholarships onto the Programme. Although primarily aimed at unemployed Graduates, Undergraduates are also eligible to apply for a scholarship.
In order to be considered for the next round of Scholarships, please send your CV and cover letter asap.
The Programme consists of two key strands:
- A 120-150 hour distance-learning Diploma TESOL Course; giving participants the skills, confidence, and qualifications necessary for TEFL work abroad.
- A Job Advisory Service providing support to help participants find work and choose the most appropriate position for them personally. They work with schools and agencies throughout the world to make sure students get the opportunity to apply for English Language teaching jobs around.
The specific duties and remuneration you can expect when teaching abroad obviously varies depending on a range of factors, for example: location, size of school, type of school (private or state), age of students etc. One of the key roles of them is to help you decide what would suit you best.
For more information about the Programme please take a look at our website at: www.englishlanguagecentre.org
- English as a first language
- Graduate or Undergraduate
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm about living and working abroad
Applications will be judged on their own merits but essentially they want to know why you want to teach abroad and why you believe you should receive a Scholarship place. Enthusiasm and commitment are more important than previous teaching
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter (approx 500 words) explaining why you would like to teach abroad and why you think you should get a Scholarship to email@example.com
If you have any questions ,email at:firstname.lastname@example.org