Let’s start by quickly dispelling a myth… The careers service is not just available to current University of Reading students.
As a Graduate, you have access to our services for up to 18 months after completing your course. You are able to book 1:1 appointments with our dedicated Careers Consultants and attend an array of exciting campus events.
Not only that, this year – we have created a new programme just for you, to fit around your schedule and ensure that you receive the support you need!
So, what’s new?
Yes, you heard correctly. We understand that it isn’t always convenient to travel to our campus and it’s much simpler to log in and gain career guidance from where you are; whether that’s on your daily commute, on your lunchtime break or from the comfort of your own home.
These webinars cover a variety of different valuable topics that graduates’ come up against. Expert Employers, experienced Careers Consultants and Life Tools (Counselling and wellbeing) will help you tackle any obstacles effectively and get you on track to your desired future!
See a list of upcoming webinars below (Click on the title to book your place*)
- 26/02/2020 Wednesday 18:00-19:00 Graduates: Where to find graduate jobs
- 11/03/2020 Wednesday 13:00-14:00 Graduates: CVs and covering letters
- 18/03/2020 Wednesday 12:00-13:00 Graduates: resilience in the workplace with LifeTools
- 08/04/2020 Wednesday 18:00-19:00 Graduates: looking for roles within a certain sector
- 24/04/2020 Friday 13:00-14:00 Graduates: online applications, what recruiters want, with EY
- 13/05/2020 Wednesday 18:00-19:00 Graduates: getting started with LinkedIn
- 29/05/2020 Friday 13:00-14:00 Graduates: how to prepare and succeed at Assessment Centres with Microsoft
- 10/06/2020 Wednesday 18:00-19:00 Graduates: video and skype interviews
- 24/06/2020 Wednesday 12:00-13:00 Graduates: navigating the job application process with LifeTools
- 08/07/2020 Wednesday 18:00-19:00 Graduates: psychometric testing
- 24/07/2020 Friday 13:00-14:00 Graduates: looking for roles within a certain sector
- 02/09/2020 Wednesday 18:00-19:00 Graduates: building your online presence with LinkedIn
*You must book your place onto the webinar in order to gain access, the webinar link will be available for those who have booked on 72 hours before it begins.
In order to book on, you must have a graduate MyJobsOnline account, so register yourself as a graduate now and gain full access to our services.
… And what else?
Another way we’ve become more convenient and accessible is through our Graduate Hotline – launching Monday 17 February 2020.
This is a weekly service, occurring every Monday from 6pm – 9pm
You will be able to ask any careers queries from general to more specific questions. If you require further coaching from our initial chat, we will then be able to schedule this in for you – in both a skype/telephone format.
Simply call: 07989213973
*Please note: you will be able to contact the careers graduate hotline during alternative hours, if you leave a voicemail with your details – we will get back to you.
In the mean-time, you can email me, Lisa Holmes, on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help you.
Don’t miss out on these exclusive services just for you as a Graduate – we look forward to working with you!