With three bustling campuses, the University of Reading offers plenty of opportunities for you to work part-time during your studies. However, it could be hard for you to find the right job and apply. Don’t lose hope because next academic year Campus Jobs comes to your rescue. Technically, this is a one-stop shop for all temporary work at the University, providing part-time opportunities that are safe and secure for you.
However, you could think of it a Super-service with extra flexibility, which bravely manages all the part-time and temporary work on campus to help you gain extra money and work experience while studying.
- Love public speaking?
- Like being the center of attention?
- Want to earn £70 per 60-minute seminar presented?
Elevate is an international education company that hires extroverts who love performing and want an amazing part-time job working with school students.
You’d make an awesome Elevate presenter if you:
- love public speaking and have done some theatre/comedy in the past
- achieved high grades at school
- would be able to commit to 2 days a week during term time
Serious stuff: As a presenter you would travel to schools within an hour of uni, and present seminars on skills such as time management, exam techniques and motivational strategies. These seminars are scripted and have been presented to over 2 million students across the globe. Your primary role is to learn and present the scripts with your own experience and personality.
The position is part-time, and pays £70/seminar, with our presenters earning up to £400/week. When you leave uni, full-time positions have a starting annual salary of £25,000, provide the opportunity to work abroad, as well as 10 weeks’ holidays per year. Graduate job: sorted.
Job Title: ISG Campus Ambassadors
Report to: MKF Team
Salary: £9 per hour
Bonus: If any of your referrals gain a permanent graduate role with ISG you would receive £100!
Closes: 31st August
Role overview: We are looking for Campus Ambassadors to represent ISG for the first term this Autumn. As an ISG Ambassador you will help support the promotion of ISG and its graduate and industrial placement year opportunities on campus.
ISG is the world’s most dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Our 2,400 worldwide specialists deliver unbeatable customer experiences fuelled by a fast-paced, idea-driven culture.
What might you be doing?
- Event promotion & attendance eg: Careers Fairs.
- Society and careers department engagement
- Social media promotion
- Marketing material distribution
- Data capture: emails and names of students
What skills will I develop?
- Networking with different people; students, academics, ISG representatives
- Improve your marketing, social media and advertising skills in a professional manner
- Help promote events, fairs
- Gain insight in to ISG’s recruitment strategies – what are they looking for?
Why become an ISG Ambassador?
- Earn money while you study- flexible hours – 5 hours a month, 20 hours to be completed by December 4th (1 term)
- Work with an international construction services company at a very exciting stage of growth and development.
- A brilliant addition to your CV whilst your still studying
- Be invited to take part in other exciting opportunities with MKF eg: Graduate Advisory Board
- Have fun!
You don’t need any qualifications we’d just like enthusiastic, motivated, innovative well-networked students!
Students from all degree backgrounds and all years of study are encouraged to apply.
You will be asked to promote ISG for roughly 5 hours a month during term time and document your achievements with 20 hours to use in total until Dec 4th.
As a ISG Ambassador you will be asked to promote their brand accordance with their values. Read more about ISG here.
What training will I receive?
Once you join us as an ISG Ambassador we will organise training for you and our other ISG Ambassadors. Training will include:
- The ISG brand- who are they and what to do they do?
- Marketing and promotion- how can you make an impact on campus?
- How to work effectively with careers departments
- Public speaking and networking- we’ll give you the confidence to meet work with different audiences
Deloitte are advertising for a paid, on-campus Brand Ambassador!
The University of Reading is one of only 30 universities that Deloitte have outlined for recruiting a student to operate part-time on-campus, promoting their career opportunities, as well as other exciting events, to the rest of the university’s student population.
The closing date for applications is 31st July.
To find out more and apply, simply log-in to MyJobsOnline HERE.
Elevate Education are advertising for a Youth Mentor and Presenter.
Love public speaking?
Want to earn £70 per 60-minute seminar presented?
Like being the centre of attention?
Keen on making a difference to people’s lives?
Wanting a flexible part-time job with full-time opportunities when you graduate?
Elevate Education is an international education company that makes a difference to school students’ lives. Very simply, we do this by using high performing university students and graduates to deliver seminars that improve student achievement.
If you’ve got what it takes to join the young and dynamic Elevate team, find out more and how to apply for the position HERE.