- This event has passed.
Application essentials – applications forms, CVs and covering letters
January 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Are you applying for placements, internships or graduate roles? To secure that crucial interview, you may need to complete an online application form, submit a CV and perhaps write a covering letter. Each of these documents is an opportunity for you to showcase your skills, experience and motivation, so come along to this session to learn key information and techniques to give yourself the best chance of success!
This session will cover:
– Expected content and style of the three main application documents (application form, CV and covering letter);
– How to effectively describe your skills and experience with evidence and impact
– Key techniques to make your application stand out, taught in an interactive style.
What’s in it for me?
All you need to apply for your next job, placement or internship – confidence and skills for fantastic applications!
Who’s it for?
– Anyone applying for graduate jobs, internships, placements or part-time work;
– All undergraduate and postgraduate year groups (particularly finalists and penultimate year students).
*This workshop can count for 1 hour of your RED Award training and development hours. Find out more about the RED Award at reading.ac.uk/REDAward