- This event has passed.
Explore careers in publishing
October 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
With enthusiasm, a passion for books and (some) knowledge of the publishing industry you could land your ideal role in publishing.
Increasingly, publishers are making efforts to attract diverse job applicants from a variety of backgrounds and new ways in are opening up for the next generation of book publishers even at the big names, such as Penguin Random House.
At this panel event you’ll be meeting three experienced publishing professionals who’ll tell you all about what a career in publishing looks like, and how you too can get a foot in the door:
- Kate Pearce (Founder and Publisher at Phoenix Publishing House Ltd) at Firing the Mind, a mental health publisher.
- David Broadbent (Publisher) at Pearson, a major global print and digital education publisher
- Liz Adams (Managing Editor) at GroupGTI, publishers of the UK300 graduate guide and digital publisher
Come with your questions and find out if publishing might be for you!
What’s in it for me?
- Hear from successful publishing professionals about contemporary job and internship opportunities in publishing
- Learn how the industry has been changing and modernising
- Pick up insights into a typical working day
- Ask our panel questions & get top tips and insights that can help you land a job in publishing
Who’s it for?
- All students with an interest in careers in digital or print publishing
*This workshop can count for 1.5 hours of your RED Award training and development hours. Find out more about the RED Award at reading.ac.uk/REDAward