Warner Bros. Studio is offering a 12-month Publicity Placement to all the 2nd Year Publicity and PR students out there.
If you are one of them and wish to build-up your CV, gain a new set of skills, and work for a renowned brand, take this offer into serious consideration.
You will work closely with the department Publicists and you will have a wide range of key responsibilities and objectives. These will include supplying publicity materials to UK TV, radio and print publications in line with our publicity strategy. You will also be responsible for distributing and analysing the daily press cuttings to the UK and US teams. You will also have the opportunity to work as part of the team on key projects, press events and premieres
You need the following abilities:
- Excellent (fluent) working knowledge of Word and Excel, and some experience of using databases and Powerpoint.
- Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- Media Studies, Marketing or English undergraduates will have more relevant experience but this position is open to all who are interested in film and media.
- Should have solid GCSE and A level results.
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail including spelling.
- Must have a proficient and confident phone manner.
- Some previous work experience would be advantageous.
In order to perform these tasks:
- Go through the national daily papers and media monitoring email updates, to compile and highlight all of the key coverage on Warner Bros films and talent.
- Monitor and file all the Publicity materials that arrive from our US office.
- Work closely with the project publicists to ensure that all materials are up to date and in line with the Publicity strategy.
- Research all publications on an assigned subject matter. Contact those publications and collate all journalists details in order to despatch press materials.
- Liaison with agencies to provide materials and review content.
- Assisting with project publicists on briefing agencies and external partners
- Monitor receipt of merchandise for Publicity placement.
- Work with members of the team at press events and Premieres.
- Maintenance and upkeep of editorial media mailing list
- Analyse competitor publicity activities and campaigns.
- Monitor performance of select suppliers.
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries from the press and general public.
- Inform press of release dates and press materials available.
- Work with the project publicists to upload designated press coverage on to the FTP site.
- Work with the team to staff and manage screenings.
- Communication with media to secure and file screening reactions
- Upkeep and distribution of weekly publicity meeting minutes.
- Working with the project publicist on designated elements of tours and events.
- Organization and filing of magazines, newspapers and specific film coverage
To complete these projects you will need to liaise with company personnel both in the UK and US, by telephone, email and in person. You will need to be a confident communicator, have good research skills and follow through on projects ensuring their completion.
You have time to update your CV and write a convincing covering letter stating your suitability for the role until Friday, April 7. Email the materials you prepared to Naomi Walsh, at email@example.com.