- Are you an undergraduate student looking for a life-changing experience?
- Are you excited by technical problems because you see them as opportunities to grow as a person?
- Are you fascinated by the rise of Asia and ever wondered how to get practical experience working for a dynamic global business in China?
If the answer to these questions is “yes”, read on!
Huawei is offering UK undergraduates studying STEM or related disciplines (e.g. Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Computing) the opportunity to travel to China on a 4-week programme in July and August 2019.
During the programme students will spend an initial period in Beijing where they will receive Mandarin language training from one of the best universities in Beijing and learn about Chinese culture. There will also be group tours to The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall of China and the 2008 Olympic Park.
Students will then be flown to Shenzhen in Guangdong Province, where they will learn about Huawei’s international business culture and values and spend time learning about Huawei’s products and solutions.
There will also be visits to Huawei’s F1 Exhibition Centre, Enterprise Exhibition Hall, Logistics Centre, R&D labs and one of Huawei’s state-of-the-art factory facilities.
At Huawei HQ students will also receive technical training from some of the finest professionals in the industry.
Since 2011 Huawei has provided over 230 UK undergraduates with the opportunity to learn about China and to experience working in Huawei’s dynamic global business HQ – an invaluable addition to any CV when looking for a job after graduation.
To be considered for Huawei’s “Seeds for the Future” programme in 2019, you will need to match the following criteria:
- be a UK passport holder
- be studying a STEM or related discipline at undergraduate level
- submit an essay of no more than 500 words demonstrating an interest in China and in Huawei and your suitability for the programme
- demonstrate excellent academic acumen
- have a strong interest in telecoms and technology issues
- ideally have some knowledge of Mandarin or interest in learning the language
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and the supporting essay to Jamie Mackay at J.Mackay@reading.ac.uk by 4pm on Friday 25th January 2019.
Find out more with the UK Huawei Seeds for the Future Brochure 2019. You might also like to view the Huawei Seeds For The Future 2018 video: