Being a Welcome Ambassador is a great opportunity to get paid for sharing your passion about being a student at the University of Reading whilst helping new students arrive, settle in and enjoy the start of their time here.
Welcome Week delivers a series of activities from Heathrow ‘Meet & Greet’, registration support and information desk queries, through orientation tours and a Campus Carnival, to Accommodation Talks, VC Welcome Talks, the Module Fair, a Joint Honours induction, and the Reading Experience Event.
Key to the success of these events and supporting all new student activities are our team of student Welcome Ambassadors.
We are looking for current students with the following qualities:
- Passionate about studying at the University of Reading
- Sociable and keen to engage with other students from all backgrounds
- Good knowledge of campus, particularly support services and opportunities available
- Friendly, hard-working and pro-active
- Excellent level of spoken English (additional languages a benefit but not essential)
The work involves welcoming new students to the University of Reading and supporting the set up and operation of a series of key activities including:
- Academic Success & Module Fair Event – Tues 20th Sept
- Joint Honours Inductions – Wed 21st Sept
- Reading Experience Day – Wed 28th Sept
- Walking and Bus tours – various days
- Information Point support – Thursday 15th to Fri 23rd Sept inclusive
All shifts will be paid at £7.20 per hour (including compulsory training week commencing 12th September). Whilst applicants with availability for all shifts would be preferred we would welcome applications from student working in other student engagement roles at the University. Please outline any limitations of availability for ambassador shifts on your application email including any visa restrictions.
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 2nd June, interviews will be held week commencing 6th June 2016.