Some years ago I wrote an account for the BSBI Plant Crib on how to distinguish the three Drosera species that occur naturally in the UK, and around most of the northern hemisphere. There still remains confusion among them and mis-reporting of the species. Drosera is very easy to recognise as a genus but many of the species can be more challenging to distinguish when not in flower. The confusion is made worse by mis-labelled images on the web, some from commercial photo galleries. A blog by Ryanne Matthias on Catalogue of Life discusses this issue in some detail.
- 2014 Advent Botany – Day 20 – Christmas Box (Sarcococca confusa) on
- #AdventBotany Day 21: The qulliq brings light and heat to Canada’s Inuit Nunangat in the dark winter on
- #AdventBotany Day 2: Cultivated Cranberries beyond the Festive Season on
- Advent Botany 2016 – Day 4: The Carrot on
- Advent Botany 2015 – Christmas Day: The Christmas Cactus on
Subscribe to Blog via Email