How well does online learning work for you?
We know that online learning is especially important in the current COVID-19 pandemic. Equally we know that this need to be high quality and that not all online materials are as accessible for all students as they could be. We’d like to find out what your online learning experience has been like and so be able to:
- Identify optimal conditions for online learning in Higher Education
- Develop a model to support comprehension of video and textual information
- Create a platform that will be responsive to different user needs
- Inform the development of guidance to providers of online learning
To achieve these objectives we need your help! If you are a student who is deaf or hard of hearing, has dyslexia or speaks English as a second or other language, we’d love to hear from you.
Joining in the research will involve just two sets of activity :
- Online tasks (about 30 minutes) involving reading comprehension and short quizzes based on two specific content areas.
- An online Microsoft Teams meeting (about 1.5 hours) with a project researcher, viewing online learning materials and completing short quizzes, questionnaires and a brief interview.
These will be arranged for a time convenient to you and an interpreter will be available if required. This study runs until July 2021. All information will be kept confidentially by our project team.
All eligible completers of both the first and second assessments will receive a payment of £10 to cover expenses (internet use, etc.). You will also be entered once into a prize draw for £25. For every person you recommend the study to, who also enrols for participation, you will be gain another entry into the prize draw.
View this content in British Sign Language.
If you would like more information, please email Debbie Flory.
[images from Unsplash]