Off the back of last week’s foray into Europe, RED carries on this week. The Italian season begins, too.
With such a large number of forecasts being made this season, it will be sooner that we can begin to provide forecast evaluations – which also differ due to the more probabilistic nature of RED’s forecasts this season.
All the tables below can be interpreted using the following guide:
- Expected Goals: the forecast average number of goals the Model expects for Home and Away teams
- Outcome Probs: the model predicted % chance of either a Home or Away win, with 100 minus these two numbers being the % chance of a draw.
- Score Picks: the Most likely forecast scoreline outcome, as well as the most likely conditional on the most likely result outcome happening.
- Home wins / Draws / Away wins: the predicted % chance of various potential scoreline outcomes of the match.
- Mean odds: Estimates of online bookmakers’ average probability forecasts for the Home and Away teams to win, which could be compared with Outcome Probs.