Almost a quarter of the Championship season has been played, yet there is no runaway leader or promotion hopefuls as yet. The top 9 teams all lie within 3 points of one another. Tonight mid-table (though just 6 points off the top) Cardiff City host Sheffield Wednesday. The Model makes Cardiff notably stronger favourites at 48% chance of a win than the bookmakers do at 42%. The most likely outcome this evening is 1-1 (12.4%).
- Expected Goals: the forecast average number of goals the Model expects for Home and Away teams
- Outcome Probs: the model predicted % chance of either a Home or Away win, with 100 minus these two numbers being the % chance of a draw.
- Score Picks: the Most likely forecast scoreline outcome, as well as the most likely conditional on the most likely result outcome happening.
- Home wins / Draws / Away wins: the predicted % chance of various potential scoreline outcomes of the match.
- Mean odds: Estimates of online bookmakers’ average probability forecasts for the Home and Away teams to win, which could be compared with Outcome Probs.