Japan trip

dsc02778(1)

I’ve just returned from a trip to Japan, where I was representing the school at the Japan Association of Language Teachers conference (2014) in Tsukuba (http://jalt.org/conference/jalt2014). The conference was a very interesting experience and a great opportunity to meet both former and prospective students. Many former students came to the University of Reading stand to ask about current staff and to reflect on what great times they have had at the University. Many prospective students wanted to know about the great courses on offer within the University, and were keen to find out what other (non-academic) activities they could be involved in.  I also visited several universities across the country, and so visited Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, and Hiroshima. The photograph above was taken as I was just passing Mount Fuji on my way into Tokyo, it is a true sight to behold! If you have not been to Japan, I highly recommend a visit (the weather was incredible for this time of the year (November) and averaged 18 degrees centigrade).

Jon Clenton (DELAL)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.