Three weeks and hey presto

Three weeks have passed since the show lawns received their Chelsea Chop. Remember the utter devastation?

Three weeks after the chop.

Three weeks after the chop.

Think the distance is hiding something? Feast your eyes on some close-ups!

Show lawn close-up 1

Show lawn close-up 1

Show lawns close up 2

Show lawns close up 2

Show lawns close up 3

Show lawns close up 3

Meanwhile over on the experimental plots the previously swamped lawn has recovered in the same way. The light is working its magic on the plants that had been hidden in the leafy shade.

Trial lawn 1

Trial lawn 1

Different parts of the lawn seem to have developed their own character as the plants creep about and self select.

Trial Lawn 2

Trial Lawn 2

Trial lawn 3

Trial lawn 3

Avondale is looking really rather good. A blackbird has taken up residence in the ivy behind the lawn, and the air above it is like a park-sized Heathrow of bees, butterflies and other winged critters.

Avondale settling in.

Avondale settling in.

Shock horror! Avondale goes under the blade for the first time tomorrow. Devastation? I wonder…..

5 thoughts on “Three weeks and hey presto

1. I am very interested in establishing a grass free lawn. However I find this website a bit frustating, as I cannot easily find much information on how to go about making such a lawn

• This is a good idea for me as our current lawn seems to be halfway there already. Apart from clover and satisfies, what other plants could we put in?

2. I am most interested in making a grass free lawn. However I find the wwbsite frustrating as I cannot readily find information on how to go about creating such a lawn