Here are some of our students’ favourites. Please add your ideas on the blog or email us at email@example.com.
Places to eat in Reading
- Honest Burger – good burgers in town
- China Palace – also has dim sum and hot pot
- CAU – steak restaurant
- Cafe Yolk – recommended for breakfast and brunch: “has a homemade feel” … “good quality food for an affordable price”
- Bolan – Thai restaurant
These websites can help if you are looking for help with your cooking.
- Tom’s Uni Food – a Reading student has posted his recipes, with photos, to inspire you.
- BBC Good Food Student Recipes and Student Recipes both have quick and easy recipes for students.
- The Big Oven App has over 500,000 recipes and helps you to shop and plan menus.
Advice from one our students: “Cooking is pretty simple if you know a few basic rules.”
Food-related activities and societies
- Your Halls Life – the University of Reading’s ResLife Programme offers a range of events each term
- Student Eats Botanika – grow vegetables and enjoy being outside.
- Vegan and Vegetarian Society
- RUFANS Food and Nutrition Society
The NUS Extra card (for full time students) gives you hundreds of discounts on food at shops and restaurants, as well as on other products/services.
Some of the restaurants at the Oracle shopping centre offer student discounts.