The Raymond Wilson Poetry Competition 2014
The annual poetry competition in memory of Raymond Wilson (1925-1995), former Emeritus Professor of Education at the University of Reading, will be held again this year. There will be a prize of £200 for the best poem for children.
The closing date for entries is 26th September 2014 and the competition is open to all members of the university.
Conditions of entry are as follows:
- Poems should be written for children.
- You may submit up to 3 poems with a maximum length of 40 lines for each poem.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
- Poems should be word processed.
- Poems are regarded as copies and cannot be returned.
- Your name should not be included with your poem(s). The poem(s) should be submitted in an envelope accompanied by a separate sealed envelope giving your name, connection with the University, contact address and either the title or first line of your poem(s).
The winner will be announced in the Autumn Term
Entries should be sent to the competition administrator: Chris Tibbenham, Institute of Education, University of Reading, London Road Campus, RG1 5EX.
If you have any queries about any aspect of the competition, please contact the organiser Stephanie Sharp. firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 2675