ABOUT

Dear Doctoral researcher,

I am Alicia and I am working with the Graduate School to provide you with information on topics such as  managing academic pressure, communications with supervisors, how to increase productivity, motivation, concentration and memory, as well as ways to keep well, improving sleep, managing stress and wellbeing to cope with the challenges of your doctoral research.

The aim is to increase understanding of what are the factors that contribute to effective learning and self-management, and provide strategies to add to your toolkit so you can optimise your academic potential and derive a sense of fulfilment from achieving your aims.

You are welcome to join us in the group discussion.  It is a space (online and on campus, hybrid), where you can meet other Doctoral researchers and find out about ideas an strategies that can benefit your studies as well as maintain your strengths and motivation during your research.

The weekly group discussion, is held in the Graduate School every Tuesday (11:00- 12:00). There is no need to book, just come along and join in. You can join online (via Blackboard, or attend on campus at the Graduate School).

I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, and an Occupational Psychologist. I was Head of Student Wellbeing until August 2017. Currently I am working as Life Tools programme manager and in this role I am responsible for developing and running the Life Tools programme at the university, collaborating with colleagues in Student Services.

Dr Alicia Peña Bizama, C.Psychol, AFBPsS
Keep fit for your studies programme
Graduate School (Tuesday morning)
Reading University, Graduate School, Old Whiteknights House, room G12, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6UA
Tel: 0118 378 5063
email:  m.a.penabizama@reading.ac.uk

CategoriesUncategorizedTags