Amanda Millmore from the School of Law – awarded a University Teaching Fellowship

Lecturer & School Director of Academic Tutoring, Amanda Millmore has been awarded a University Teaching Fellowship for 2019.

The Fellowship is a prestigious and competitive award for staff who demonstrate individual excellence and dedication to the development of teaching and learning within the University and beyond. It also aims to support staff to further develop in the area of teaching and learning.

The Panel welcomed Amanda’s clear commitment to providing high quality learning experiences for students, informed by her legal practice experience, and to being an active part of the T&L community at Reading and across the sector. The Panel recognised Amanda’s impact on student learning and the student experience, particularly in respect of employability, student support and working in partnership with students.

Amanda said “As a teaching intensive academic, I was really honoured to be awarded a University Teaching Fellowship this year. I love teaching and working with students, and it is heartening to see the University’s commitment and support for excellence in teaching put into practice with the fellowship scheme.  I am looking forward to joining the vibrant UTF community of like-minded teaching-focused colleagues who champion and share best practice in teaching, to help me to develop my teaching further.”