We have just launched a new homepage. This is the result of consultation with Library members through a survey and usability testing.
Common tasks are quicker and easier
The things you want to do most frequently are now on the homepage:
- opening hours – this week’s Main Library opening hours will be on the homepage, enabling you to check them quickly and easily
- Unicorn search box more prominent – most people come to the Library website to search the catalogue, so we have moved it to centre stage
- help for your subject easy to access via a new pick-list - jump straight to our subject help pages to find the most relevant resources and information for you
- direct pointers to help in finding journal articles – our usability testing showed that finding journal articles is a challenge for our members. This new section on our homepage guides you to our help and resources.
Keep up to date more easily
We have launched a Library news blog enabling you to keep up-to-date with the latest news on our services and facilities in several ways:
- through a feed displaying on the Library homepage
- by going directly to the blog at www.reading.ac.uk/blogs/librarynews
- or by subscribing to the RSS feed http://www.reading.ac.uk/blogs/librarynews/feed/
If you have any comments on our new homepage, or any other aspect of the Library website, please contact Jackie Skinner, Library Web Manager.