Fines and charges apply to everyone, including members of academic staff, and are designed to encourage borrowers to return Library materials on time so they can be made available to other members.
Here are some simple suggestions on how you can avoid paying fines:
- Check due dates and renew loans online 24/7 via the Unicorn catalogue
- Check your University email account regularly for Library messages – Standard Loan items can be recalled from you before the original due date
- Print and keep a receipt as a reminder of when the book is due back
- Do not lend your card to anybody else – you are liable for all items on your account returned late
- Return Library materials via the Book Drop to the right of the main entrance whenever the Library is closed
If you have enquiries about your loans please contact us as soon as you can.