Try out the Enterprise catalogue! This new, joint catalogue allows you to search across several University collections to find all the sources you need.
- materials held in the University Library, including books, journals and DVDs
- the University’s special collections of rare books and archives
- the book, archive and object collections of the Museum of English Rural Life
Unlike the Unicorn catalogue, the Enterprise search is forgiving of misspellings and typos - if you mistype a word Enterprise will guess what you mean and still return some results.
Results are ranked by relevance. Hopefully the most relevant item will appear at the top of the list.
Use the facets in the “Narrow your results” options on the right of the screen to make your results more specific. You can limit your results in a number of ways including by:
- Library location – selecting “University Library” will exclude all the archives and objects
- whether the item is online
- format – select this if you are only interested in one type of publication, eg you can just view archives
- publication date – date ranges are created dynamically based on your results
A new release early next year will feature an improved search engine, the ability to search on specific fields (eg Title), the facility to narrow your results by excluding as well as including facets, and the ability to select multiple facets to narrow your search. The My Account functionality currently in Unicorn will also be added.
We hope to add other University collections in future.
We welcome your views on Enterprise, especially as we are planning to replace Unicorn with Enterprise next summer. What do you like? Is there anything you dislike? Do you prefer it to Unicorn?
We are also hoping to make Enterprise as easy to use as possible by holding some usability testing next term. Let us know if you would like to be involved.
Please send your comments, or requests to be involved in the usability testing, to Library Systems Manager, Ruth Salisbury: email: email@example.com.