What has the University Library done for students lately? Here’s an update showing what we did over the last year.
Library study space and technology
- Created more study spaces on the Ground, 2nd, 3rd and 5th Floors, including the new Group Study Pods.
- Added four plasma screens to Group Study areas – just plug in your laptop.
- Installed Smartboards to training rooms – try them out yourselves when the rooms are not booked.
- Reserved the whole 5th Floor for Silent Study
Rewiring the Library
After installing up-to-date power distribution last summer, we’ll rewire each floor over the next few years. The 5th Floor is currently getting new lighting, data and power plug sockets. Work continues after the revision season.
New Off-site Store allows stock moves
- Relegated lesser-used and research material to ‘closed-access’ storage at our new Off-campus Store to make more room in the University Library.
- Improved shelf layouts help you navigate around.
- Added the Bulmershe Collection (from the former Bulmershe Library, closed as academic activity left Bulmershe Court).
Our Collections Project will continue to provide further improvments over the next few years.
Library home for Study Advice & Maths Support
We built Study Advice a new, permanent home by the University’s largest PC area and IT Help counter. Increased use shows how much easier it is to find and use the service in the Library.
Library help – our ‘constant’!
Throughout every change, Library staff remain passionate about teaching you to find information you need to achieve high standards. Contact us for help.
What did we do for you before?
Find out what the Library did for you over the last few years on a previous blog.