- 5th Floor (Silent Study): new soft pods for personal study added to the central area, in addition to refurbishment completed last year
- 4th Floor (Social Sciences): has been repainted in duck-egg blue. New blue individual study pods are built around the printed material, plus a new adjustable table for users with disabilites. Find new group study tables and small four- and six-person glass pods in the front section.
- 3rd Floor (Arts and humanities): has been refurbished in purple and blue including painting, carpeting, new study pods and desks, with new adjustable tables.
- 2nd Floor (Sciences): is now fully painted in dusky green. You probably already know the areas created last year for collaborative (group) study toward the front and quiet study around the printed material areas.
- Staircases: Our main central staircases have been repainted with accent walls matching the floor colours to help you find your way. Our lift lobby stairs have been refloored and lobbies refurbished.
- Toilets: We are delighted to announce our Ground Floor toilets have reopened as fantastically refurbished, single-sex facilities, more popular than the previous unisex arrangement. Our single-sex 5th Floor toilets were refurbished last year.
What do you think?
At Open Day, one potential student said “This is the coolest library ever!” Two brothers said they had been to five or six universities and felt the library at Reading was by far the best, and really made you feel ready to study. Someone else said, “Your toilets are lovely! I’m always going to use them when I’m on campus.”
For day-to-day information, select the ‘Refurbishment‘ category on University Library news or follow the Library on Twitter or the Library on Facebook. An overview of the 2014 refurbishment project is on a previous blog post.
We apologise for any inconvenience but thank you for your co-operation.
Rachel Redrup, Marketing Co-ordinator