In celebration of February’s LGBT+ History Month, the Library is once again inviting UoR staff to suggest books, DVDs or CDs to help Library collections support a more diverse curriculum. You then get two more months to provide requests – this year’s order deadline is 30 April 2018. We will resume taking orders for the 2018/19 session from 1 August 2018.
Suggest more diverse resources
What resources can you suggest in your specialism to represent more ethnic or LBGT+ groups or geographical areas? Complete our new Diversify our collections suggestion form to help us spend a special £1,000 fund, over and above resources supporting existing reading lists.
It’s great if you can suggest specific titles, but we still want to hear from you where you feel we just need more in a certain area. For example:
- [name] is underrepresented in your collection, can you buy more of her novels/poetry?
- I would like more books on the construction industry in Africa – are there any that can be bought?
- there aren’t any books on the history/political situation in [country]
- can you purchase some more books on LBGT issues in higher education?
Your subject Liaison Librarian will be dealing with your suggestions. She or he can also help you with other Library matters, including queries about items on reading lists.
If you would like to suggest other items for the Library, please complete our regular book suggestion form.
Last session’s suggestions
Examples of material purchased last session include:
- A reflexive inquiry into gender research … in southern Africa
- Class and gender : social stratification of women in contemporary urban China
- From abortion to pederasty
- Gender and work : exploring intersectionality, resistance, and identity
- The gender games : the problem with men and women, from someone who has been both
- The Jew’s daughter
- The lives of older lesbians
- TransAntiquity : cross-dressing and transgender dynamics in the ancient world
Rachel Redrup, Marketing Co-ordinator
for Kerry Webb, Associate Director (Academic Liaison and Support)