Welcome Week may now be over but there is still plenty of support available, online and in person, to help you make the most of the Library.
Library tours continue to run throughout week 1 at 11:00, 12:00 and 14:00 each day. You can book onto a tour on RISIS, or just turn up five minutes before the start time.
If you don’t have time for an escorted tour, you can also pick up a self-guided tour in the Library. This will allow you to look around the Library at your own pace, guiding you through all the information you’ll need to make full use of the services and facilities.
You can also take a look at our YouTube channel for quick videos on how to use the Library such as finding a book, using the self-service points and how to print, scan and copy.
Who can you ask for help?
Academic Liaison librarians
There is a dedicated academic liaison librarian for every subject at the University. Your liaison librarian can support your studies by:
• showing you how to use information resources effectively – your librarian can offer training sessions for your School/Department and online library guides for your subject
• showing you how to save time by making the most of all our Library services
• giving you individual help with research – your librarian can offer in depth one-to-one help in finding information, including identifying the most relevant e-resources for you to use
Contact your academic liaison librarian to arrange a meeting.
Study Advice and Maths Support Desk
The Study Advice and Maths Support Desk is staffed 10:00-16:00 every weekday. You can drop in here with quick queries for Study Advice, Maths Support and Academic Liaison Librarians or to book longer appointments with staff from any of these teams. You can also pick up a free Study Advice year planner, perfect for helping you organise your studies for the coming year.
You can ask at the Welcome Desk for help with most general enquiries including:
- finding your way around
- your Library account and membership
- loans, renewals and holds
- inter-library loans
Our friendly staff will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
To keep up to date with the latest Library news, visit this Library blog and our social media channels.
Katie Winter, Academic Liaison Support Librarian