Next week we are upgrading our Library Management System to give us a more robust, reliable system. During the upgrade on Tuesday 26 June, between 17:00 and midnight, (after the Library buildings are closed) some services will be unavailable.
You will still be able to …
- search the Library catalogue, Enterprise.
- access to all our E-resources – so any e-books or e-journals you find on the catalogue will still be available via the ‘Click here to access’ links.
But you won’t be able to …
- see the current location of a physical Library item, so you won’t be able to tell if it has been borrowed.
- access your online Library account to renew your loans or pay fines.
- request items from Closed Access or the Off-site Store.
- request an Inter-Library Loan.
The upgrade is planned to have finished by Wednesday 27 June, but we will still designate the system as ‘at risk’ on that day as the Systems Team test the upgrade. We will be sure to inform you if there are any other changes to the service that may occur.
Ian Chilvers, Systems Administrator