We are forming a brand new chamber orchestra with the view to creating the University of Reading’s premiere instrumental ensemble. This is an exciting chance to be involved in the development of a sparkling new orchestra, shaping the culture and building a foundation for growth in music activities at the University. Led by professional conductor and Artistic Director for UoR Music, Victoria Ely, the orchestra will be a part of the central core programme, performing a range of music from the classics to contemporary orchestral repertoire. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to be a founding member of an exciting new ensemble.
- Principal positions are auditioned.
- Tutti positions are unauditioned.
- Brass/woodwind auditioned as required if competition for seats is high.
- Ability to read music fluently and confident in playing parts (recommend approx. grade 5/6 or higher)
- Reasonable sight-reading or willingness to do some personal practise outside rehearsals to match rehearsal pace.
- Membership levels are determined by forming a balanced ensemble.
Out of respect for fellow orchestra members, musicians should be prepared to commit to arriving punctually and attending every rehearsal unless there is a valid reason approved by the director in advance.