A free, full-day Bibliometrics Workshop will be held at Reading University Whiteknights Campus on Thursday 6 April.
The workshop is aimed at researchers, managers, librarians and anyone who has developed an interest in research evaluation.
This workshop has been organised by Jisc Web of Science Service for UK Education Support and the training will be provided by Clarivate Analytics (formerly the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters).
During the session Clarivate Analytics will demonstrate how Bibliometric analysis is being used by the academic research community at strategic levels.
- Part I: The History behind Bibliometrics
- What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Meaningful use of indicators?
- What are the main challenges related to metrics?
- How can indicators be used for Research evaluation, in Science Mapping and improving University rankings?
- PART II: Responsible metrics
- What data is used and how important is the data for performing bibliometrics?
- Responsible use of bibliometrics, including skewed nature of bibliometrics, JIF@the journal level, fractional counting, relative measure, etc.
- Compare like with like and supporting the Leiden Manifesto
Lunch (provided by Clarivate Analytics)
- Part III: Live demo & Exercises using InCites B&A
- Part III: Product development feedback
Please make sure that you include the following details: full name, institution, email address and telephone number.
The University of Reading contact is Karen Rowlett, email@example.com.