About Us

Alison Sutton, Repository Manager

I established and continue to develop the University’s institutional repository, CentAUR and manage the repository team. I provide guidance to researchers about open access, especially in relation to funders’ policies and the REF. I also advise postgraduate research students about open access and the deposit of e-theses. Contact Alison if you have questions about open access, e-theses or CentAUR.

Robert Darby, Research Data Manager

I have worked for several years in academic and research information services, developing services and conducting research in the areas of Open Access, repositories and research data, before moving into research data management full-time. As the University’s Research Data Manager I provide support and guidance to researchers and research students on all aspects of research data management; I help researchers with data management planning for grant applications; and I manage the University’s Research Data Archive, a service available to researchers and research students for the preservation and sharing of their research data. Contact Robert with any questions you have about managing and sharing research data and using the Research Data Archive.

Karen Rowlett, Research Publications Adviser

Once a real scientist, I then worked in science publishing for many years before returning to the University of Reading to work with researchers on bibliometrics, altmetrics, ORCID, advising on journal choices and open access publishing. Contact Karen if you have any questions about bibliometrics, using SciVal, altmetrics, ORCID, peer review or publishing your research.