Unless otherwise indicated, any training sessions listed here are available for University of Reading staff, or postgraduate research students (marked as RRDP) only.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to the SciVal Research Intelligence Tool
September 14, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
SciVal is a powerful research intelligence tool based on bibliometric data from research publications. SciVal enables researchers and those supporting research staff to visualize their institution/group’s research performance and benchmark it relative to their peers based on a variety of different metrics. It can also help you identify areas or partners for the development of collaborative networks. This session will introduce you to the scope and possibilities of SciVal. The first half of the session will explain what the tool is and how it can be used. The second half will be a hands-on opportunity so that you get practical experience of using the tool.
Following the session you will be able to:
- Understand what the tool is for and the data behind it.
- Track the impact of your division’s research outputs.
- Perform targeted analyses based on the publications of your own research division
- Select suitable institutions/groups for benchmarking
- Identify potential collaborators.
Please book your place through Employee Self Service.