Unless otherwise indicated, any training sessions listed here are available for University of Reading staff, or postgraduate research students (marked as RRDP) only.
- This event has passed.
Open Access publications policies and what these mean for you
March 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This session is intended for UoR researchers who need to comply with REF and funder open access policies.
We will explain the key things that you should do to ensure that your publications comply with University, HEFCE and funder open access policies, including what to deposit in CentAUR and how to publish as open access. The focus is on journal articles.
At the end of the session you will be able to:
- comply with the University’s open access policy
- comply with HEFCE requirements for open access in the REF
- comply with funder requirements
- use tools to find funder and publisher policies
- apply to the University’s fund to cover open access publishing costs
- select and evaluate open access journals
- understand the difference between a repository and other archiving and sharing services
(See also our course on SCHOLARLY PUBLISHING – REQUIREMENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES for early career researchers or for those needing a more general overview. There is some overlap between the courses.)
Book via ESS