Unless otherwise indicated, any training sessions listed here are available for University of Reading staff, or postgraduate research students (marked as RRDP) only.
- This event has passed.
Scholarly publishing – requirements and opportunities
December 4, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
This session is intended for UoR early career researchers or for those needing a general overview.
We provide practical information about maximizing the visibility of your research publications for the benefit of both you and the University.
Following the session you will be able to:
• recognise the different types and benefits of open access
• comply with key open access policies
• know what to deposit in CentAUR
• apply to the University’s fund to cover open access publishing costs
• make informed choices about where to publish
• make informed decisions about sharing networks
• access key bibliometric tools and Altmetric
• register for and populate an ORCiD
(See also OPEN ACCESS PUBLICATIONS POLICIES AND WHAT THESE MEAN FOR YOU for a shorter, focused course for researchers who need to comply with REF and funder open access policies. There is an overlap between the courses.)
Book via ESS