Yanos’ paper has now been published in ‘Language Studies Working Papers’ (LSWP) titled ‘Language and Loneliness in Althusserian Thought’. This paper outlines how Althusserian thought accounts for power dynamics within language. It aims to reconcile loneliness and Althusser’s theory of interpellation by exploring ways the subject is formed in the ‘language of the other’.
- Yanos Soubieski – new publication
- Dr Adam Humphreys – new publication
- What is wrong with Donald Trump’s denial of climate change?
- What is new and what is nationalist about Europe’s ‘new nationalism’?
- The truth about John Bercow’s comments at the University of Reading
- What is new and what is nationalist about the ‘new nationalism’?
- Dr Long’s recent book named best book of 2016 by Foreign Affairs!
- Politics student Chris Imms to represent University of Reading on University Challenge
- Peter Campbell Memorial Lecture
- Latin America Confronts the United States: Asymmetry and influence
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets