Student Testimonials

Daniela Espro (2011-2014)

Of her decision to pick Reading, she says: “I had many friends in my home country (Italy) who knew the University of Reading to be one of the best in the UK. I remember loving Whiteknights Campus on the Open Day visit in March 2011 and how fascinated and excited I was when I realised that my lecturers had such important and considerable backgrounds. Also, the choice of modules is quite vast and, especially in the third year, it gives the students the opportunity to extend their competences widely.” As for the future, Daniela says, “I have loved Reading University and the past three years so much that I have decided that academia could possibly be my life one day.” She has successfully applied to the London School of Economics and Political Science, where she will study for an MSc in Comparative Politics over the coming year.

Florian Marcus (2011-2014)

Before coming to Reading to study Politics and International Relations in 2011, Florian was considering options in history, politics, and journalism. He says:”In the end I settled for Politics and IR at the University of Reading because the wide range of module choices really appealed to me. I felt like I could try out everything in my first year – which I did: three politics modules, two European history modules, and Advanced French – and the second and third year modules sounded simply brilliant.” He is confident about the future: “Reading has made me a confident and curious person and I owe much of this to the amazing students that I can now call my friends as well as the brilliant staff who have encouraged me, challenged my opinions, and supported me to achieve my goals. Wherever I will go, whatever I will do, the University of Reading will always be my Alma Mater which I will never forget.”

Coralie Frost (2010-2013)

Coralie studied Politics and International Relations at the University of Reading between 2010 and 2013. Immediately upon completion, she joined Sky on the Corporate Affairs Graduate Scheme. She comments, “It’s my dream job coming out of University and I am incredibly appreciative of the support I received from the School of Politics, Economics and International Relations during my time at University.”

Daniel Sawko (2010-2013)

Daniel studied International Relations and Economics at the University of Reading between 2010 and 2013. He says “I can definitively state that these were years I will never forget, and for all of the right reasons”. Here is his account of his time at Reading and the career it has opened up for him: “I quickly allowed myself to be absorbed into the activities and interests of those around me in the Politics and International Relations Department, looking to engage with many activities. The fantastic quality of the Department is that the more that you put in, the more you can get out.