- What is wrong with Donald Trump’s denial of climate change?
- What is new and what is nationalist about Europe’s ‘new nationalism’?
- The truth about John Bercow’s comments at the University of Reading
- What is new and what is nationalist about the ‘new nationalism’?
- Dr Long’s recent book named best book of 2016 by Foreign Affairs!
- Politics student Chris Imms to represent University of Reading on University Challenge
- Peter Campbell Memorial Lecture
- Latin America Confronts the United States: Asymmetry and influence
- Why the Golden Dawn is a Neo-Nazi Party
- Anti-immigrant attitudes in the UK are among the strongest in Europe
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Author Archives: readingpolitics
By Professor Catriona McKinnon (Director, Leverhulme Programme in Climate Justice) Later this week, a climate denier will become the President of the United States. Donald Trump claims that ‘nobody really knows’ whether climate change is happening, and has asserted in … Continue reading
By Dr Daphne Halikiopoulou (Associate Professor in Comparative Politics) The success of several new parties with a broadly nationalist agenda has prompted some authors to speak of the rise of a ‘new nationalism’ in European politics. But what is new … Continue reading
Dr Mark Shanahan (Lecturer in Politics and International Relations, University of Reading) There was a point when I turned to the Rt Hon John Bercow MP, during a public discussion event at the University of Reading, and asked him if … Continue reading
The success of several new parties with a broadly nationalist agenda has prompted some authors to speak of the rise of a ‘new nationalism’ in European politics. But what is new and what is nationalist about Europe’s ‘new nationalism’? Daphne … Continue reading
Dr Tom Long’s recent book entitled “Latin America Confronts the United States: Asymmetry and Influence” was named a Best Book of 2016 by Foreign Affairs. FacebookEmail
Politics and Economics student Chris Imms has been chosen to represent University of Reading on University Challenge. Chris, who was selected from a pool of sixty student applicants joins four other UoR students to form the University’s team on the … Continue reading
Daphne Halikiopoulou (University of Reading) and Sofia Vasilopoulou (University of York), first posted on Huffington Post With the on-going Golden Dawn trial in Greece there has been much debate as to whether the Golden Dawn is a neo-Nazi group. The … Continue reading
Dr Tim Vlandas, First posted at LSE Brexit blog The vote for Brexit took place. I had hoped that this would have been the end of the obsession with immigration. Brexit would allow the UK to ‘take back control’ of … Continue reading