Calling all cyclists and potential cyclists. In collaboration with the Reading Cycle Challenge we have arranged for a day of cycling related events to take place on Whiteknights Campus on Monday 18 June.
The main aim of the Reading Cycle Challenge is getting as many people as possible to cycle for at least 10 minutes over the three weeks between 11 June and 1 July. There are prizes to be won for new cyclists, the people who encouraged them to start, and competitions between workplaces and departments in Reading. If you already cycle, then great! Please register and help us win the Challenge. It’s all based on participation, so we need to get as many people taking part as possible to win prizes. Encourage your friends and colleagues to get on a bike!
Please visit www.readingcyclechallenge.org.uk to sign up as part of the University of Reading and help us do well in the competitions. You may want to register your department to take part if it isn’t already.
On Monday 18 June the following events will be taking place in the quad outside the Palmer building, between 10am and 3pm. If the weather is poor some of them may be held inside the Palmer Foyer.
- Free granola snack for everyone cycling to work or trying a bike on the day.
- Dr Bike – get your bike serviced for free, you just pay for the parts if necessary. Please arrive early for this as it can be very popular.
- Have a go on a bike – we will have a range of bikes for you to try out. If you do just 10 minutes and sign up on the website you will be part of the Reading Cycle Challenge.
- Cycle your own fruit smoothie.
- Information stand with maps, leaflets and further cycling information.
The 16-24 June is also national Bikeweek, see www.bikeweek.org.uk for details of guided rides and other events being held in the Reading area.