We are looking for individuals to join the Student Team to help new students during Freshers’ Week 1-5 October 2012.
Work will involve:
- production of access cards
- assisting with events and enquiries in the Palmer Building
- campus tours showing students around the Whiteknights campus
- assisting support staff and students during the enrolment process
Experience and personal attributes
- Approachable and helpful manner
- Ability to communicate with students from diverse backgrounds and nationalities
- Good knowledge of the University of Reading; preference will be given to current Reading students (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Basic knowledge of PCs and data screens for those assisting with enrolment/access card processes
- Recent experience of campus tours and/or Open Days desirable
Hours of work and training
- Dates during Freshers’ Week by negotiation (not everyone will be needed all week)
- Hours of work variable during the week, and by negotiation (fewer students will be required towards the end of the week)
- A compulsory half-day training session is scheduled for 14:00-16:00 on Tuesday
25 September 2012.
Rate of pay
£6.50 per hour; payment will be made direct into a bank account. Training will be paid at the same rate. If invited to interview students must provide a National Insurance number and evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK.
Applications and more information
Please request an application form from Richard Sandford, Student Communications Officer, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 Friday 22 June 2012.
Short interviews will be held before the end of the Summer Term.
- Download the Job Description (PDF – 64KB)
- Download the Application Form (Word – 30KB)