For the duration of the summer examinations period selected teaching rooms have been converted into extra study areas for any student to use. Most rooms are available from 22 April to 24 May 2013, with some available until 7 June.
From Monday 22 April to Friday 7 June the University Library will remain open 24 hours a day, most of the week. Click here for more information on the extended Library opening hours.
There is additional information about our general provision of study spaces on the Student Pages.
Individual quiet study
Please note: these rooms are not open at the weekends or on public holidays
Rooms available during the day
All rooms 09:00-18:00
- Business School G03 (24 places – available until 7 June)
- Agriculture GU06 (20 places) – Good Wi-Fi signal
Rooms available into the evening
All rooms 09:00-22:00
- HumSS 175 (34 places)
- HumSS 301 (30 places)
Rooms with PCs
- JJ Thomson 128/129PC (30 places)
- HumSS 172PC (12 places)
Out of hours study space – available until 7 June, and open at weekends
- Carrington 101 and 201 (40 places in each)
You will need your Campus Card to use the rooms in the Carrington Building.
Code of Conduct for the Quiet Study rooms
These rooms are for individuals who wish to work in silence. Please be respectful of others studying in the room.
- do not use your iPod or play any other music that can be heard by others
- keep laptop speakers muted
- keep mobiles in silent mode
- do not take or make calls on your mobile
- leave the room tidy so that others can use it after you
- only consume bottled water, no other food or drink may be consumed in the room
- do not leave your belongings unattended
The closure times noted above are the times that the buildings/rooms will be locked up. You are asked finish working and to leave the study rooms 10 minutes before the buildings are closed.
In the event of a problem with the room (or other occupants) please use the contact points listed below:
|Agriculture GU06||09:00-18:00||School Office 1U09|
|Business School G03||09:00-18:00||Ground Floor reception desk|
|Carrington 101 and 201||19:30-07:00||Ground Floor foyer|
|18:00-22:00||The Porter in the HumSS Building|
|JJ Thomson 128/129PC||09:00-18:00|