Thank you to all of the students who completed the Welcome Week survey back in October. Over 900 of you completed the survey and we have been busy sifting through the responses and collating the comments…
The things that we got right included:
- Providing good quality information
- Getting you in to your Hall
- School/Department meetings and social events
- Your meeting with your Personal Tutor/Supervisor
- Online enrolment, module selection and your online timetable
Things that were identified as needing improvement included:
- Getting the information to you in good time – especially Admissions and Halls info
- Doing more to highlight events being run by central and support services (eg Careers, Student Finance)
- Giving you more information on the module choices available to you
Planning for next Welcome Week starts in earnest this term, and your comments and feedback will help us provide an even better experience for our new students. We will be contacting those of you who indicated that you would be willing to participate in Focus Groups over the coming weeks to invite you in to share your ideas.
Just before Christmas we held our prize draw and picked our three lucky winners. Mona Jones won a £50 book token, Charlotte Nabavian won a £100 Amazon voucher and Vimbai Mutimutema won a £200 Oracle gift card. They came to the Carrington building at the end of term to collect their prizes from Andrea Cheshire, the Director of Student, Learning and Teaching Services.