The University has launched a new scheme which will provide bursaries of between £200 and £1,000 to qualifying Undergraduate students. The funding to support this new scheme comes from the University’s Access Agreement fund and is therefore being targeted at students with low household incomes. We think that around one quarter of students will be eligible for the bursary under this criteria.
The aim of the bursary scheme is to support the University’s placement opportunities on all undergraduate degrees and to encourage students who might encounter financial barriers to take up placement opportunities in order to maximise their employability. The attached application form and guidance notes provide all the details of the scheme including eligibility criteria and amounts that will be awarded, however here is a quick summary
- The scheme will support Undergraduate students taking a placement as a formal part of their degree.
- Students must be permanent residents of the UK or EU and have household incomes of less than £25k
- Bursaries will be calculated on the basis on the estimated cost of undertaking the placement
- Bursaries are not intended to cover the full costs
How to apply:
- Click here for further details
- Click here to download the Application form and Guidance notes (PDF-356KB)
Deadlines for applications: 15 Feb 2014 and 30 April 2014.
Contact the Carrington Helpdesk or firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about eligibility or how to apply.