Make your mark: National Student Survey 2014

National Student Survey banner - students enjoying FREE coffee

Do you want your opinions on your student experience to be heard? Then take part in the National Student Survey 2014, which is now live at the University of Reading.

The National Student Survey (NSS) 2014 offers final-year undergraduates the opportunity to give their views at the National Student Survey site – informing prospective students, the wider public, the students’ union and the university itself what you liked about your time here and what could be improved.

The NSS gives you a unique opportunity to leave your mark and tell the world about your course. This influential national survey takes only five minutes to fill in, and the University of Reading is offering a free drink at Mondial’s on completion (you will see instructions for claiming it on screen once you have filled in the survey). The NSS is run by Ipsos MORI, an independent research agency, so answers remain anonymous at all times.

Your opinions matter and can lead to real change. Based on previous student feedback, the University of Reading has invested more in course materials and student support; refurbished the library and committed to opening it 24/7 in term time; started a project to roll out wifi across campus; and much more.

You won’t just be informing your university: NSS results are made publicly available through Unistats to help prospective students make informed decisions of where and what to study.

If you are eligible for the survey, Ipsos MORI will email you this week (from 27 January) to invite you to fill in the survey online. However, you can complete the NSS online or via a mobile device at the National Student Survey site at any time. Or drop into the marquee that will be available for this purpose during 3-7 February in Palmer quad (and pick up a chocolate!).

1. Kelly Halliday’s avatar

My experience at Reading has been alright. Ups and downs of course, but who said it was gonna be smooth sailing, eh? To put it bluntly, my experience has been like a rollercoaster. Tense at first, with the anticipation of the ride. Pulse racing, hands clammy, sweat clinging to my neck. So much uncertainty. And yet, so much to look forward to. So many loop-the-loops and fast-paced action, I can’t keep up. Who am I, where am I, what am I? Questions flashing through my mind, adrenaline coursing through my veins. This is my experience. This, is me.

Reply

2. Gemma Organ’s avatar

Where to begin? Some say school are the best years of your life, to those people I say ‘HAVE YOU NOT BEEN TO UNIVERSITY?!’ Although we shouldn’t joke, because some people haven’t, and that’s sad. Very, very sad. For me, university has been the best, and some of the worst, days of my life. The latter may surprise you, shock you, even upset you, but let me tell you why. Of course, my time at university has been full of new and exciting experiences, but sometimes in life, new experiences can be scary as well as exciting. Once I went to a seminar, and I was scared. Really scared. And that’s a true story. But in general, I can summarise my time here by saying that when I leave I will truly mourn, I will cry rivers and oceans at the thought of departing what has become my home. But, as a wise internet meme once taught me, you shouldn’t cry because it’s over, but smile it happened 🙂 🙂

Reply

1. Kelly Halliday’s avatar

I’ve been scared at seminars to bro, don’t ever feel alone!!

Reply

2. me again (kelly halliday’s avatar

too**** LOL

Reply