Student Services News

News from the Student Services Centre (Carrington Building)

China Scholarships 2015

Would you like to spend some time in China? This year we will be offering you the chance to study in China on a short or long term basis. In late January we will be holding two information sessions where you can find out about these exciting opportunities.

Vice-Chancellor’s China Scholarship

This is a fully funded opportunity for students to go to China for four weeks in the summer of 2015 to experience Chinese culture. All costs will be covered by the scholarship.

The full details are being finalised (including the closing date). However, you can find out more here (including reading about the experiences of last year’s award winners).

China Scholarship Council Postgraduate Scholarship opportunities

The Chinese Government offer fully funded scholarships to UK graduates wishing to progress their postgraduate studies at a Chinese University. Full tuition, accommodation, living costs, are all covered but the competition is high and the application process is quite strenuous.

Want to know more?

Come to room 108, Palmer Building between 15:00-17:00 on 28 or 29 January to find out more about these opportunities. 

Previous

Getting mobile with Blackboard

Next

Elections

4 Comments

1. Daisy Robinson

Are the information sessions drop in? If not, what happens if we cannot make part of the meeting? Who should we get in touch with?

2. Paola

Hello, my name is Paola and after having heard off all of the amazing stories my friend, Obotlhale Mpetang, came back with after being awarded with this scholarship last year, it has driven me to try it for myself! As a construction student and a keen traveller, the whole experience will enrich me personally and professionally as it will allow me to view building processes in different ways. I would love to be a part of this travel and look forward to hearing more from you.
    Many thanks, Paola Galeone