Construction work at the Library will continue over the next few weeks, with major tasks focusing on the completion of hoardings and preparations for the demolition of the glassed-in staircase near CaféLibro.
Main works proposed up to Sunday 11 September 2016 are:
- Works will continue in the entrance hall on the Ground Floor, producing a noticeable difference in layout, as hoarding will continue to be erected around some of the pillars and the glass enclosed stairs. The aim is to substantially complete the temporary walls by the 2 September. The IT and Library catalogue PCs have relocated under the main stairs opposite.
- The set-up of hoardings on the First, Second, Third and Fifth floors will be completed and decorated.
- On the Second floor, a steel frame will hold a temporary wall by the tall columns near the Information Desk in the group study area. . The area is proposed to reopen by Friday 2 September 2016 (please bear in mind that this may be subject to change). If you wish to use a group study space in the meantime, please use the Fourth or Ground floors instead.
- Once the Second floor reopens the Fourth floor Group Study area will then be taken out of action and the works carried out on the Second floor will be repeated here. During the Fourth Floor closure please use the reopened Group Study areas on the Second Floor.
- Outside the Library, hoardings will be set-up around the new cycle shed area so that ground works can begin. Foundations and groundworks will continue around the grass area behind the Library to allow for site offices to be delivered. In addition, a new bin store will be built near to the Chaplaincy.
- Don’t forget that CafeLibro will remain open for business as usual.
We remind both students and staff not to enter areas cordoned off for work, such as the Second floor group study area for their own safety.
The noisiest phases of work will be carried out each morning up until 10:00am.