We’re approaching the halfway point for early works now, continuing to build towards the demolition of the glass-fronted staircase. Work over the next two weeks will largely focus on finishing off the internal hoardings and continued activity around the glass-fronted staircase.
Main works proposed up to Sunday 18 September 2016:
- Internal hoardings on the Ground, First, Third and Fifth floors should be completed, with doors added for construction workers to access work areas. It goes without saying that these areas are strictly off limits to Library users, so please keep out!
- Work around the glass-fronted staircase will continue from the Basement all the way up to the Second floor.
- The Second floor is expected to reopen for full use during the week beginning Monday 12 September (date subject to change), including the group study area.
- Once the Second floor has reopened the Fourth floor will undergo the same programme of works that were recently carried out on the Second floor. As a result the Fourth floor will be closed temporarily. If you were looking to use the group study area on the Fourth floor, please use the space available on the Second floor instead.
- Outside, hoarding will be set up around the bike shed area so that ground works can begin.
As usual, the nosiest sections of work will be carried out up until 10:00am.