Student Services News

News from the Student Services Centre (Carrington Building)

ID requirements in Reading Town Centre

In preparation for both new and returning students coming to our lovely campus in just a couple of weeks, we have a message from our Community Relations Officer and Thames Valley Police about using ID around town!

What you need to know

There are only 3 forms of accepted ID in Reading town centre – UK driving licenses, UK Passports and the “PASS” scheme cards, available online or from Reading borough council. You will also be expected to carry a recognisable Student card of some format.

This might be particularly useful to International students who do not have a UK driving license or passport. More info on PASS can be found here:



Library Refurbishment: works over next two weeks


Got any technical questions about the Me@Reading Student portal?


  1. Jeff

    Is a provisional driving liscence okay?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén