It’s been a busy academic year so far so the Campus Jobs team and the students out working. Over 100,000 hours worked on campus since September 2017 has led to a staggering total of £1.2 million paid to student workers!
After an influx of new adverts, Campus Jobs are excited to be offering multiple opportunities to apply for on the online portal. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to apply!
Whether it’s a summer role for some post-exams experience and extra funds, or if you want to get organised and find a job for next academic year; head over to campusjobs.reading.ac.uk now.
Don’t forget that the careers team are on hand to help you with your interview, application and CV skills too, you can email them via email@example.com to find out about booking workshops or 1-1 appointments.
Benefits of working on campus include:
– Working and keeping busy on a beautiful campus during the summer months
– Earning additional funds – save for that amazing post-uni holiday or a special something to treat yourself.
– Gaining valuable work experience – crucial for making your CV and application forms stand out to graduate employers
– Making new friends – the opportunity to meet other students outside of your course area
– Represent the university
– Safe and secure work in a convenient location
– Monthly pay run
– Competitive rates of pay
1. Clearing Hotline Ambassador – Do you pride yourself on your communication skills? Are you keen to help secure additional students for the university during the clearing window? Are you available to work on campus during August 2018? If so apply now by clicking here
2. Careers Ambassador – Do you have a keen interest in services provided to students? Are you willing to boost the careers team as an ambassador providing both event support and administrative support in the careers office? To apply now for work from September 2018 click here
3. Student Communications Officer – Do you have an interest in writing, filming and creating content? Or perhaps you are a social media master? Apply now to work within the student engagement team by clicking here
4. Information Programme Services Administrator – Have you been to explore the Greenlands campus? Fancy working next to the Thames during the summer? We’re looking for a candidate with exceptional administrative skills, data entry experience and attention to detail to work 20 hours per week for Henley Business School. To apply click here
5. Open Day Guide – Are you around on the 15th and 16th of June? Are you interested in working as an Open Day Guide? Duties include: signposting, campus tours, registering guests and setting up displays/stands. To apply click here
6. Catering Assistants – Are you keen to work in any of the Eat catering establishments around campus or within the halls of residence? If so we are recruiting for new catering assistants ready for the summer and 2018/2019 academic year. To apply for this flexible shift work please click here
7. Sports Park Officers – Do you enjoy taking part in activities at the Sports Park? Are you keen to assist with the set-up of the facilities, as well as assisting with member enquiries at the reception? Apply now to become a sports park officer ready for the 2018/2019 academic year. To apply for this position please click here
Wondering how to apply?
Log in to the Campus Jobs portal using the links above, or alternatively visit the main home page – campusjobs.reading.ac.uk
Students are able to log in and browse the system using their student credentials.
Before applying, begin to write up your key work and volunteering experiences, as well as your strengths in preparation for writing a statement of suitability. You might want to freshen up your CV too. Make sure you have fully read the job description and person specification on the advert. To really make your applications stand out, research the department prior to applying.
For job search, application and interview tips don’t forget to follow the Campus Jobs Twitter (@UniRdg_CJ) and Facebook (@UoRCampusJobs) pages.
If you have any queries about your application, what jobs are available, or using the system please do not hesitate to contact Campus Jobs via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 378 4499