Unsure what you want to do? Need to know more about the applications process? Want to get a head start in securing a graduate job? Introducing: Career Smart.
Career Smart is our brand new online course that has been designed to support students entering their final year. You’ll learn more about the graduate recruitment process, how to get started and what actions you’ll need to take in order to secure a great graduate role.
Hosted on the FutureLearn platform, this course will be exclusive to University of Reading students currently in their penultimate year (e.g. those who will be graduating in summer 2020) and is set to take place over the summer break. The course will run for four weeks and will start in the week commencing Monday 22 July.
You can expect to spend 2-3 hours a week studying and will be able to interact with other students who are in their final year, as well as experts in the careers service, recent alumni and a wide range of graduate employers.
During this course, you will:
- Understand how the recruitment cycle works for graduates
- Hear about the differences between graduate schemes and direct entry roles
- Receive top tips from recruiters about what they are looking for
- Discover the best way to find graduate jobs and how to research companies and industries
- Find out how to demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience for applications
- Learn the foundations of writing a good CV, cover letter and how to prepare for interview
We appreciate that your final year is likely to be busy, so this course will offer you a great opportunity to get ahead! Places are limited, so use the link below to register your interest and secure a place today.